The MFA process requires a one-time setup of your notification preference (app, text, or phone call). There are a variety of permutations possible for differing situations and circumstances. Once MFA is activated for your Eastern account and you successfully authenticate with MFA, you will be prompted by MFA every 30 days on your off-campus device(s).
To configure (or edit) your Eastern MFA profile, visit https://aka.ms/mfasetup
First-Time MFA Setup
1. Enter your full Eastern email. eg. firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Choose Work or school account.
3. Enter your Eastern password.
4. Stay signed in? This section is up to the user's discretion.
5. Click the blue Next button.
6. There are four steps:
- Leave the first pull-down set to Authentication phone.
- Select a country code or region, for most of us it will be the first option (+1 United States).
- Enter a phone number in the box to the right of the Country or region pull-down.
- Choose your Method. If you entered a mobile phone you may choose either Send me a code by text message or Call me. If you entered a landline telephone, select the Call me method.
- Click Next.
7. The next steps depend on the Method chosen:
- Send me a code by text message Method
Enter the 6-digit verification code that was sent to the mobile number you designated as your Authentication phone. Once the verification code is entered, the Verify button will activate. Click Verify.
- Call me Method
You will receive a a voice call to the Authentication number provided. You will be asked to acknowledge that you wish to authenticate by pressing the # key to approve or no action (hang-up) to deny.
8. Your First-Time MFA Setup is done. Click Done to Exit.
For additional Authentication Methods, please see Article 515: Configuring (or Editing) MFA Settings.