The Connecticut State Colleges and Universities Board of Regents has purchased an emergency notification system which utilizes an off-site service called Everbridge to provide quick distribution of time-sensitive emergency messages to multiple devices selected by the subscriber (i.e. text messages, email, phone call, etc.). Eastern's emergency notification system is called "Eastern Alert." The following document provides instructions on how to manage your account. Other information about Eastern Alert can be found at https://www.easternct.edu/emergency-alerts/faq.html.
Follow this direct link to access the portal and add contacts: Eastern Alert Portal - Click "Sign in with SSO" (you may be prompted to log into Office 365)
Logging in from the Office Portal:
- Log into the Office Portal as described in article: Accessing MS Office 365 apps.
- Click on the grid in the upper left hand corner, click on Explore all your apps at the bottom.
- Choose Eastern Alert
- Click on Sign in with SSO credentials. *Note - Sign in with Username & Password will not work*
- Confirm that your name, ID#, and Eastern email are correct.
- To manage how you would like to receive alerts click on My Profile (Edit).
- Enter or modify the methods you wish to receive alerts. You can also include the email addresses and phone numbers of family and friends that you would also like to receive the notifications..
- Please Note: You cannot remove your Eastern email address, but you can remove any other contact information that you added including phone numbers.
- Click Save.
- If you encounter any problems, please contact the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.