VPN Login for Students
The ECSU VPN server is a device that creates a Virtual Private Network between your home computer and the Eastern campus. With a VPN connection, you may send files back and forth via the Internet without anyone eavesdropping.
IMPORTANT: Your username must be typed as firstname.lastname@example.org even if your actual email address is email@example.com.
To connect to the ECSU VPN server:
- Use your browser to connect to https://june.easternct.edu/.
- Alternately, from the ECSU home page, select ECSU Services--ECSU VPN from the menu bar at the top of the page.
- The first time you connect, your web browser may display a pop-up message asking if you would like to accept the site's security certificate. Click Yes to accept and proceed.
- The login screen for the VPN server appears next, requiring a username, password, and group selection.
- When typing your username, type only your technology account username. Do not use the @easternct.edu or stu.easternct.edu.
- Type your password just as if you were logging in to a computer on campus.
- Click Sign In when complete.
- You may now connect to your personal Z: drive. Click Windows Files on the right side of the screen.
- Click the Z: Drive for Students link that uses the first letter of your username (Example: if your username is smithJ, click Z: Drive for Students S).
- Click on the folder with your username, and the files and folders in your personal Z: drive will appear.
- You may now transfer files from your home computer to the Z: drive, from the Z: drive to your home computer, or delete files from the Z: drive.
- To upload a file click the Upload File button and follow the prompts.
- To download a file click on the name of the file and select Save from the popup window.
- To delete a file select the checkbox next to the file you want to delete and click the Delete Selected button.
IMPORTANT: If you check the box to the left of any file or folder names, and select "Delete", they will be permanently deleted from your personal Z: drive on the server. Be Careful! There is no trash bin or undelete function!