To connect to the ECSU VPN server:
- Use your browser to connect to https://ecsu-vpn.easternct.edu/
- Alternately, from the ECSU home page, select the Faculty and Staff Menu Item, and choose VPN from the Square Buttons in the center of the page.
- The first time you connect, your web browser may display a pop-up message asking if you would like to accept the site's security certificate. Click Yes to accept and proceed.
- The login screen for the VPN server appears next, requiring a username and password.
- When typing your username, type only your Technology Account username. Do not use the @my.easternct.edu.
- Type your password just as if you were logging in to your office computer.
- Click Sign In when complete.
To remotely access assigned lab devices (find the device name using the information in Article 537: VPN Access to General Purpose Labs
- Within the VPN user interface, enter your assigned lab device name into the HTML5 Access Sessions field as highlighted below.
- Click the "Launch" button to begin a remote session within your browser.
- If prompted to provide credentials, do so using your full Eastern username preceded by EASTERNCT\ as shown below.
- If the remote computer states that your credentials are invalid, you can re-enter your credentials at the remote sign-on menu as you normally would.
- When your scheduled session time is complete, please sign out of the device using the Start Menu, or close the browser tab.
- Note that, 5 minutes after your course session is scheduled to end, you will be automatically logged out of the remote lab computer.