The contents of this article are no longer relevant. Please go to Article 485: Password Management for current instructions.
Passwords are expired when you first receive your account, and they expire every 90 days. They are also expired if you have the Help Desk reset your password. You may also want to change your password if you feel your account has been compromised. The Password Change Portal is provided as a means of managing your password without needing to contact ITS.
To Set Up Your Password Change Profile:
- Go to Password Change Portal and enter your username and password.
- Read the introduction and click continue.
- Pick a security image from the options provided. Remember what you pick.
- Pick a security word. Remember what you pick.
- Using these two items, you can reset your password in the future without needing to call the help desk.
To Change Your Password After the Profile Setup:
- Go to Password Change Portal and enter your username.
- Click Go.
- Click on the image you chose when you set up your profile.
- Enter your personal identity security word that you set up in your profile.
- Click Login.
- Click Change my Password.
- Enter your current password.
- Enter your new password twice (Refer to Article 22: Password Rules for allowable passwords).
- Click Go.
To Change Your Password From a ECSU Computer:
- Log in to any ECSU computer.
- Hold down CTRL ALT Delete on the keyboard.
- Click the button labeled Change Password on the menu that appears.
- Follow the prompts that appear.
- Refer to Article 22: Password Rules for details.
To Reset your Password Portal Profile (Forgot Picture or security word):
The ITS Help Desk is the only resource for resetting your Password Change Portal profile. They are available Monday through Friday 9 AM to 5 PM. You access their contact information on the Help Desk Home Page