Eastern has designated parking facilities for its students, faculty, and staff. Therefore, we ask that anyone parking on campus observe the following regulations:
• In order to obtain a parking permit, you must submit an application form (along with a copy of your valid vehicle registration, and proof of enrollment-valid student I.D. or current semester schedule) to the University Police Department. Once this information has been verified, you will be issued the appropriate parking permit. For a student permit application, go to: https://www.easternct.edu/police/_documents/2021-2022-parking-permit-application-rev0604122021.pdf. A copy of campus parking regulations is issued with each permit. All members of the Eastern community are expected to be aware of these regulations and to abide by them.
• Resident first-year students with less than 24 total credits, are not allowed to have vehicles on campus.
• Students are required to park their vehicles in designated student parking lots and are not permitted to drive to and from classes, except for disabled students with special permission.
• Parking fines are assessed for violations of campus parking regulations in amounts approved by the Board of Regents. If not paid within 10 business days, a fine doubles. Fines may be paid by mail or at the Bursar’s Office in the Support Services Center. All parking fines are deposited into an appropriate scholarship account within the operating fund.
• An appeal may be filed with the Parking Appeals Board; appeal forms are available from the University Police Department or at https://www.easternct.edu/police/_documents/form_parking_appeal_online.pdf. An appeal must be initiated within 10 days of the violation and may be mailed to or handed in at the Eastern Police Department Records Office. Payment of the fine will be deferred pending outcome of the appeal.
Article ID: 383
Last updated: 03 Jun, 2021