University Relations would ask anyone who administers a social media site in connection with Eastern to make sure that they have done the following essential tasks associated with Eastern-related social media pages.
- Any official page of the University (see link to the full policy for definition) must have a disclaimer that clearly indicates that the site is an official communication of the University and is managed by a University employee. This disclaimer language is referenced in the full policy statement.
- Student clubs, personal faculty accounts, and faculty classroom-based accounts are exempt from the policy, but are asked to include a disclaimer that indicates that the page is not an official communication of the University. This disclaimer language is also referenced in the full policy statement.
- Links to all official social media pages, including those for any academic or administrative departments, must appear on the University website's Social Media ("Connect With Us") page found at http://www1.easternct.edu/universityrelations/social-media/ If you administer an official social media account and it is not found on this page, please let me know so that we can add you.
- While student clubs do not have to post social media accounts on "Connect With Us," they are welcome to do so-the additional exposure could be helpful.
- To update our records, we ask any faculty member or staff person one who does administer an official social media account to respond to this email.
Our goal is to update http://www1.easternct.edu/universityrelations/social-media/ as well as our list of social media account administrators. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Full Social Media Policy