IMPORTANT NOTE: Computer accounts are not to be shared with other users; when evidence of account sharing is found, all parties involved will be considered to be in violation of this policy. Please review Article 223: ECSU Policy on Computer Use
- Technology Account (Email, Computer, Blackboard)
- E-Web: Online Services Account
- Banner Account
- Web Publishing Account
- Telecom (Voicemail)
IMPORTANT NOTE: All Eastern students have Technology Account (computer, email, and Blackboard) automatically generated upon registration. These accounts all use the same username and password. Your username must be typed completely in lowercase and passwords must be typed in whatever case is appropriate. New and transfer students MUST log on to either a University-owned computer or their Eastern email accounts (from on or off-campus) BEFORE attempting to log on to Blackboard.
- Technology Accounts are used to log into any Eastern computer and your Eastern email account, and also grant access to network storage drives (Z-Drives). See Article 20 Student Technology Accounts or Article 32 Faculty/Staff Technology Accounts. Technology Accounts are also used for accessing our course management system Blackboard. For more details see Article 23 Blackboard Accounts.
- E-Web: Online Services Accounts are for accessing class schedules, course catalogs, registration, and other student/faculty information over the Internet. See Article 21 Logging on to E-Web: Online Services.
- Banner Accounts are used by faculty/staff and some student workers to access individual information pertaining to Finance, Alumni Development, Student Information, Financial Aid, Human Resources, and other general information within an individual's record. See Article 229: General Banner Information and click on Related Articles.
- Web Publishing Accounts are for publishing webpages to Eastern's web server and are available for faculty and staff upon request. Usernames and passwords are separate from the technology account. Faculty and Staff should contact University Relations and request a Wordpress account and site for their web publishing needs. Students do not have separate Web Publishing Accounts, their personal webpages are created using the Web folder on their Z-Drive. See Article 36: Web Publishing Accounts
- Telecom Accounts are for voice mail and use the 5 digit phone extension as the mailbox number. See Article 218: Form - Telecom Service Request.