The Software Center is a program on your PC that allows you to receive software and updates from ITS. It enables us to keep you up to date, and allows you to install certain software yourself. Mac users have a different application for this purpose called Self Service.
On a PC:
- Click the Start Button
- Navigate to and click on Microsoft System Center
- Click Software Center
- Select the application you would like to install from the list, and then click the Install button
- The status will change to Installed once the installation is completed. You can now use your program
On a Mac:
- Go to Applications and Open Self Service
- Enter your username and password
- Locate the application
- Click Install under the logo for the application
- The status will change to reinstall when the install is complete. You can now use the application.