Follow these instructions to create a test in Blackboard. The instructions are first presented in a video format, with written instructions to follow.
1.In Control Panel, select Course Tools then select Tests, Surveys and Pools
2. Choose Tests
3. Choose Build Test if you are creating a new test
Note: You may import a previously used Blackboard test that you exported from another course.
4. Name the test and write a description
5. Type Instructions and click Submit
6. In the Test Canvas, choose Create Question and select the type of question to create. In this example we use Multiple Choice.
Note: You may choose Reuse Questions to choose a question from a previously created test.You may also choose Upload Questions if they are formatted correctly with tabs or commas. For instructions creating questions off-line and uploading them, click Upload Questions then click More Help in the paragraph under Upload Questions.
7. Choose the Question text and point Value
8. Select your Options
9. Add correct answers and other answers depending on question type
10. Type feedback if desired (not required)
11. Select categories and keywords if desired (not required)
12. Click submit
13. Your question is created and you are able to repeat this step to add more questions to the Test
14. When finished creating questions, click ok on the bottom right
15. Your Test now appears under the Test section.
16. To make the test available to students, or to choose other options, see other steps.
Article ID: 568
Last updated: 24 Jun, 2020