Note: The instructions below only apply to those using Terminal Sessions to connect from one Windows computer to another. MacOS users and others using the HTML5 Access Sessions do not need to take any action.
These instructions are only valid on or after May 24th, 2021.
As required by the May 24th Pulse Connect Secure VPN server upgrade, Windows users connecting to an on-campus device using a Terminal Session will need to upgrade their Pulse Connect Secure client. The upgrade process involves two steps:
- Uninstalling the previous client.
- Installing the new client components.
These instructions need to be followed on the device you use to connect from off-campus (e.g. laptop, at-home computer). The sections below outline the steps necessary to complete the upgrade process.
Uninstalling the previous client
- Download the Pulse Connect Secure client uninstaller by clicking the link below.
- Double-click the downloaded executable to run it. More information is available here if you are unable to locate the downloaded file.
- Once complete, click OK to close the uninstaller as shown below.
Installing the new client
- Navigate to the VPN by clicking the link below.
- Log in using your username and password.
- Once logged in, click your Terminal Sessions bookmark to connect.
- Click the Download button at the page shown below.
- Run the downloaded PulseSecureAppLauncher.msi and click OK once complete.
- Return to the previous VPN page and follow the displayed instructions by clicking the HERE link highlighted below.
- If prompted, check the box beside Always allow... and click Open.
- If prompted, click Always as shown below.
- Additional components will be automatically downloaded and installed.
- Once complete, you will automatically be connected to your on-campus Windows computer.
- Fonts appear fuzzy, or otherwise malformed
1. Click the Item Properties button beside your Terminal Sessions bookmark, circled below.
2. Scroll down to the bottom and check the Font Smoothing box under Display Settings
3. Click Save Changes
4. If your VPN remote control session is still running, close it and relaunch it to apply the font changes.